The Audit Committee is responsible for overseeing and carrying out the Board’s audit policies and the performance of related duties. This will be accomplished by:
- Recommending the selection of external, internal and claims auditors as appropriate.
- Reviewing the scope, plan and execution of external, internal and claims audit functions.
- Serving as liaison and interface between the external, internal and claims auditors and the Board.
- Monitoring management’s implementation of audit recommendations.
- Reviewing auditor’s assessment of the district’s system of internal controls.
- Reviewing draft audit plans and making recommendations to the Board.