- Mexico CSD
Letter from Dr. Runner announcing Capital Project campaign
Below is the kickoff letter for our Capital Project 2023 campaign from MACS Superintendent Dr. Donna Runner. View more information about the project as it is updated via the official Capital Project page.
Oct. 13, 2023
Dear MACS Family and Community,
It is with great excitement and a profound sense of responsibility that I write to share important news regarding a capital project that will significantly upgrade the infrastructure in the school district.
Over the last several months, our district has undertaken an extensive planning process to address critical safety and infrastructure needs within our educational facilities. We ask you now to consider voting in support of a comprehensive capital project valued at $18.2 million dollars. Due to diligent financial planning for future capital improvements, most of the project will be funded by available State Building Aid and Capital Reserves to minimize the impact on our taxpayers.
Once approved, this project will be implemented over several years in multiple phases, with the goal of enhancing the safety and well-being of our students and staff while creating a conducive environment for learning.
The capital project will focus on addressing several key areas, including but not limited to:
- Windows: Replacement and upgrading of deteriorating windows to improve energy efficiency and overall building security
- Air Handlers: Installation of new air handling systems to enhance indoor air quality and ventilation to support a healthy and comfortable environment for all occupants
- Elevator: Upgrading and modernizing the existing elevator at the High School to ensure accessibility for all individuals, including those with mobility challenges
- Façade restoration: Brick repointing at multiple buildings, and partial roof replacement at select buildings
- Safety: Implementation of various safety measures and improvements that will include fire safety systems, security enhancements and more
We are committed to ensuring transparency and accountability throughout the project’s phases. Regular updates, open forums, and opportunities for status updates will be components of our approach.
As we embark on this journey to enhance the safety and infrastructure of our school district, I want to express my gratitude for your ongoing support and dedication to our educational community. Please note the upcoming dates below and stay tuned for further announcements and opportunities to get involved.
Oct. 24: Presentation of Capital Project, Middle School Auditorium 6 p.m.
Oct. 24-Nov. 30: District-wide ThoughtExchange-Share your comments on the proposed Capital Project and read and rank the comments of others. Look for the link on the district website and social media!
Nov. 8: In person drop-in session Question and Answer, High School Auditorium 6:00 p.m.
Nov. 15: Town Hall Question and Answer Virtual Session, 6 p.m. Contact Harmony Rice to register and receive the link to join online. firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-963-8400 ext. 4501
Dec. 12: Vote on the Capital Project, 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. District Polling locations
Together we will make our schools safer, more efficient, and better equipped to support the educational needs of our students.
Superintendent of Schools