The Mexico Board of Education, on behalf of the community it represents, as well as the staff and students of Mexico Academy and Central School District, is seeking a dynamic and highly qualified distinguished leader to serve as Superintendent of Schools. The successful candidate should be a confident and innovative leader who is an effective communicator and willing and capable of engaging and challenging students and staff. Residency in district is preferred but not required.
The candidate should possess Central Office administrative experience, and hold or be eligible for New York State Administrative certification (SDA or SDL). In addition, the ideal candidate should:
• Have command of the ever-changing New York State Standards and Education Law.
• Be able to implement a positive vision for the future success of students and staff.
• Have a background in, and knowledge of, K-12 curriculum.
• Be approachable, highly visible and willing to make a commitment and investment in the community.
• Communicate effectively and be an active and engaged listener.
Please submit your applications materials no later than Aug. 31, 2020.