Overall Goal: MACS will be in the top 10% of all the school districts in New York State as determined by Business First Ranking.
Goal 1: At the conclusion of Grade 3, 100% of students will be reading on Grade Level as measured by STAR.
Goal 2: MACS will achieve a 60% proficiency rate for grades 5-8 testing in ELA and Math.
Goal 3: MACS will achieve a 95% passing rate for Regent exams.
District Goals were adopted by the MACS Board of Education on July 23, 2015 and revised on January 26, 2017
2016 - 2017 Board of Education Goals
- Use a shared decision model, develop and adopt a new vision, mission and core values for the district. In addition to the vision, mission, and core values, develop core strategies no later than November 1, 2016.
- By January 30, 2017, using the new mission, vision, and core strategies, review the current district goals, update them as needed, and provide specific measurements and expectations.
- In order to address issues surrounding chronically absent students, review and update as necessary the current district policy #7110 (Comprehensive Student Attendance Policy) so that it is ready for the start of the 2017 - 2018 school year.
- By February 9, 2017, in order to address student engagement in the school community, define the specifics of what the board desires to hear during the “state of the school” presentation. Included in these specifics will be expectations for athletics, arts, extra-curricular activities, DASA, and VADIR reports.
- Using the recently updated website and tools (forums, survey instruments, etc.) for community engagement, monitor the usage and actively promote the use of these tools. By May, 2017, develop a strategy that measures the activities in the schools that are promoting parent engagement.
Adopted by MACS Board of Education December 8, 2016